Can I Use My Own Hybrid Battery? Is It A Good Idea?
The short answer is no. Recently, there have been a number of inquiries from people who have been searching out their own hybrid batteries for use in their hybrid cars. It can be tempting because these batteries are readily available on places like Ebay, etc. for a great price but, there are a couple of very important factors to to take into consideration with this:
• Battery condition. Many times, these batteries are not going to be any better than the one that is already in your vehicle, and we have no way of verifying whether the battery was properly reconditioned or not. In most cases, these batteries were somehow altered by someone that was not properly trained and you have been overcharged.
• Liability. There are some people out there that are trying to purchase and install these batteries on their own. What they don't understand is that a hybrid battery is not the same as a typical 12V car battery and is connected to the vehicle in a much different format than gas-powered cars. For someone to attempt to install or change this battery on their own is actually very dangerous and can result in serious injury. The techs at Masaki's Automotive are Certified Hybrid Technicians and can properly recondition or repair your vehicle. If you need assistance with this, please Schedule and Appointment with us, today.
REPAIR NOTICE, GEN II PRIUS OWNERS:
Have you been told that your brake actuator is on the blink and needs replacement? Masaki's Auto Repair has a cost-effective solution to this replacement that will get you back on the road in no time. These parts on in limited supply, so please call us today for more infomation or to schedule an appointment!
Bulletin: 2004-2007 Toyota Prius. Instrument Cluster Malfunction
Does your instrument cluster go intermittenly blank or have issues on start-up or shut-down?
We have a solution! Masaki's Automotive has a local solution to this issue that is cost-effective and has a quick turnaround. You do not need to send it out of state by the dealer for repair. Call our office to find out more or schedule a repair: 808.943.1550
Hybrid cars can provide a number of benefits to both the owner and the environment. But, to get the most out of these vehicles, it's important to understand a few things to keep them in top shape. Here are 5 important facts about Hybrid cars:
• Hybrid vehicles have both an electric motor and a gasoline engine. Both need to be properly and regularly maintained.
• The battery in your hybrid can develope a "memory" over time and begin to lose its full-charging capacity.
• If your mileage has dipped from 40-45 MPG to 30-35 MPG, your battery needs attention.
• Dealerships do NOT recondition batteries. They will only replace them at a cost between $5k - $7k.
• Masaki's Auto Repair can recondition your battery to regain up to 90% of its charging capacity for a fraction of the cost.
Masaki's can help you better understand your hybrid vehicle and regain its efficiency and power. We are the only Certified hybrid repair shop on Oahu, and the owners have been trained to offer a full array of hybrid repairs including inverter/converter work. The images below are some of the components of hybrid motors that we regularly work with. For a quote, click the button below and someone will respond to you very soon.